I chose my business name one evening when I was still stuck on deciding on a name, but think it was the way it was spelled that made me choose to go that route. DeAnna, pronounced as “Diana”, has brought me hours of happy and fulfilled time behind the camera with some of the most awesome people.
I fell in love with photography a very long time ago, but only made the decision to invest more time into this in 2009. I absolutely love natural light photography. I am passionate about my time spend with my camera and the people I photograph. I am very into crafts and use that as motivation to stay on top of the latest trends in the industry. My photos have a lot of heart in it as I am my heart! And a beautiful photo can speak a thousands words without you needing to say any!
Oh, and I love weddings! All the emotion, effort and love that are put into the arrangements and the special day itself just makes my work so much more fun and worth it! Did I mention that photographing the details of the wedding gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside? Well, it does! It is almost as if I end up painting with light when I photograph a ring mounted onto a piece of branch, flower or going the retro way if I choose wire as an alternative background!
Being in the priviledged position to have worked with some of the best photographers, I gained so much valuable knowledge and experience and through that started developing my own style! This is complimented by nothing beating the feeling of a bride telling you she can’t believe it is her on the photos and just burst into tears of excitement! Priceless…
So why do I love weddings?
- For starters, I’m the bride’s best friend that day (and when I give her the final product)
- I am her shoulder to cry on
- I am a tailor
- I am a dress fitter (yes, I have helped many a bride to button up her dress)
- I am there when she starts preparing and when her day ends
- I am the one who straightens her dress to get the perfect shot
- I am her motivator
- I can make her feel like the most beautiful women in the world
- She shares her special day with me…
And so the list continues..
What do I have in my bag?
- Canon 5D Miii
- Canon 24 – 70 mm 2.8f lens
- Canon 50 mm 1.4 f lens
- Canon 580 EXII speedlite flash